Friday, February 26, 2016

Final Thoughts on Assessment for e-Learning

3 Highlights of the Course:
  1. Learning how to use a blog. It was much much easier than I ever dreamed, so now I will use it regularly and for different reasons.
     
  2. Having Maggie as an instructor. Just sayin’, I really enjoyed getting to know her in an earlier course in the program, so this was equally as fun. She’s one smart lady!
     
  3. Learning how to write/create a rubric. I really didn’t know much about them even though I had seen them time and time again in my classes. It wasn’t nearly as simple as I had imagined, trying to figure out how to word things and what to put in each cube.
 
2 Things I Can Do Now:
  1. I know how to make a concept map on Popplet or Bubble.US. Years ago, I used mind-mapping free online software and it was a nightmare. The new Ipad concept maps are wonderful, easy to learn and full of fabulous opportunity for graphics.
     
  2. I can write FAR better objectives now that the instructor gave direct feedback and offered that online objective-making tool that helps you create them using the ABDC method.
 
1 Farewell Message of Gratitude:
My farewell messages is that I wish everybody luck in their online teaching adventures and hope that you all are hired or paid very well eventually to teach online courses. And, I look forward to seeing some of you in the next class, as I have never worked with a more educated and experienced group before this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment